As we emerge out of the coronavirus pandemic, 2022 is proving to be a year marked by reinvention. One of the biggest needs for hands-on industries like dentistry has been for innovation in the processes and dentistry equipment that help reduce the potential for the spread of viruses within office environments. New technologies such as teledentistry are helping practitioners address this issue while at the same time creating the potential to improve patient care and practice efficiency.
Over the past two years, we at DENTALEZ® have been busy reinventing our brand along with many of our longstanding dental product lines. Over decades, these products have built our reputation for providing the highest quality products and service, anchored by what our customers value, that consistently exceed expectations. In 2021 and 2022, our new dental product innovations touch many areas of practice, from the utility room to the operatory:
- Compressors, vacuums, high-speed handpieces and low-speed motors enhanced with Aeras Intelligence and other improvements;
- HVE (high-volume evacuation) perfected with a well-designed Hands-Free HVE holder;
- Our Prophy Star® 3, made more user friendly with a new 360-degree swivel back end.
Read on to discover how DENTALEZ can help your practice reemerge ready for 2022 and beyond.
Aeras Dental Air Compressor
- Now dual voltage, eliminating the need to select the right model to suit your office’s electrical installation.
- Up to 22% lighter than previous models, making them easier yet to install.
- New models are also up to 16% quieter than previous models with a smaller integrated sound shield that eliminates the need for bulky sound covers.
- And finally, the Aeras Intelligence 24/7 internet-enabled monitoring now comes standard with every installation, so you can “know sooner at no charge.”
Hands-Free HVE Holder
DENTALEZ’s new Forest Hands-Free HVE holder is a competitively priced accessory that allows your existing HVE to operate better:
- Provides full-time extraoral HVE suction during aerosol-generating procedures, such as high-speed handpiece and ultrasonic scaler use.
- Easy to clean using common dental practice disinfectants.
- Flexible design allows you to position the HVE with precision.
- Compatible with most patient chairs on the market.
- Comes in four colors to match your operatory equipment.
Aeras® 400 Flex Handpiece
The Star® Aeras 400 Flex is a new high-speed handpiece that gives dentists the flexibility to integrate different brands of dental products into one operatory setting:
- Modeled after the Aeras 500 Elite, the Aeras 400 Flex provides the power you expect from Star in a model compatible with KaVo’s MULTIFlex™ coupler (swivel).
- Provides all the power supported by MULTIFlex* while being 30% lighter.
- Aeras Intelligence RFID technology ensures tracking and safety compliance.**
- Contains all standard Star features:
- small head size for ease of navigation
- multi-port water spray
- cool-spectrum LED lighting
- exceptional balance and in-hand stability
- in-office turbine replacement
- LubeFree technology for easy maintenance
*Competitive information based on Kava model MASTERtorque LUXM8900L user manual.
**When used in conjunction with a compatible RFID reader system.
Aeras Titan® Low-Speed Motors
DENTALEZ’s new Aeras Titan Low-Speed Motors are part of the Aeras Titan Low-Speed System. They modernize your low-speed handpiece foundation with an added Aeras Intelligence RFID chip that reduces the burden on office staff by automating tracking and sterilization recordkeeping.* No other dental handpiece systems offered by dental distributors or dental stores can offer the same level of solid performance combined with modern technology built in. In addition to RFID technology, Aeras Titan Low-Speed Motors come with all the features you have come to expect from Star:
- Flexible speed range from 100 to 20,000 RPM for tackling a variety of procedural needs with minimal attachments for fast, efficient care.
- LubeFree Motor and Angle operation brings further efficiency to your practice.
- Fully autoclavable system (motors, attachments, angles).
*When used in conjunction with a compatible RFID reader system.
Prophy Star 3 SW
And finally, the Prophy Star 3 SW is a new hygiene handpiece model that attaches to a 360-degree swivel, adding comfort and operator control to hygiene procedures. With both swivel and fixed back-end configurations, the Prophy Star 3 line is now more complete. As you have come to expect from DENTALEZ, the Prophy Star 3 SW boasts all the features found in its predecessor:
- Air-driven control up to 5,000 rpm.
- LubeFree design is maintenance free, which saves time and money.
- Use with your preferred disposable prophy angle.
- Lightweight anodized aluminum construction.
- Autoclavable up to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Four assorted grip colors.
As the dental industry undergoes a period of accelerated transformation due to COVID-19, practice leaders must navigate a variety of new decisions about staffing, training, dental products and dentist equipment. For an in-depth look at changing trends in practice ownership and equipment purchasing, check out this article in the Dental Products Report.
Upgrading older equipment is of the utmost importance for the health and longevity of your practice; however, buying dental supplies at online dental shops and dental equipment suppliers can be a frustrating experience when information is unreliable and you can’t speak to a human being. DENTALEZ has been pioneering dental solutions for over 100 years and most of our people—from our engineers to our customer service team—have spent their entire careers in the dental supply industry. If you have questions, we have the answers and would love to speak with you!